The original structure, built circa 1710, features stone fireplaces and warm pine flooring. It's three mural dining rooms have been home to local artists, two of whom painted the murals in exchange for liquor during prohibition. It should be noted they were not painted in exchange for room and board as has often been suggested.
The Fox Room, built toward the end of the depression in the late 1930's at a cost of $5,000, features a majestic fireplace with a soaring chimney and numerous fine wood details.
The Club Room, built a short time later, was finished in rich mahogany and features a natural slate floor using out-of-state materials embedded with silver dollars. The room also houses the property's original summer kitchen. The wine cave just beyond in the garden was the property's smoke house.
The Dog & Deer Tavern, once the location of the area's earliest post office, has the original molded tin walls and ceiling and numerous fine mahogany wood details including the postal slots on the left side of the back bar.
The Stockton Inn was immortalized when it's wishing well by the main entrance became the centerpiece of the song, "There's a Small Hotel," written by Richard Rodgers and Lorenz Hart and later featured on Broadway.